Subscribe to The World of Yaxlich


Shaggy Blog Stories
: a collection of amusing tales from the UK blogosphere.

Powered by Blogger

Yaxlich powered by 

Coffee

Cinderella

Add this blog to my Technorati 

Favorites!

Bestest Blog of All Time

Surf random blogs...powered by BestestBlog.com

British Blog Directory.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Books Are The New Black

Yaxlich has watched the book meme float around the world. He was passed it by Sim who was passed it by Zoe who was passed it by Martine who was passed it by StrangeStuff who was passed it by...someone else.

The one thing that has pleased Yaxlich beyond everything is how passionate people are about books.

For a long time he thought he was somewhat anally retentive about his books and how much they meant to him. He is so glad that other people appreciate and understand good writing.

The English language is a beautiful thing. Yaxlich asks that we do not ever forget that.

Comments on "Books Are The New Black"

 

Blogger Terra Shield said ... (6:43 am) : 

It's a nice thing to know that many people out there have an interest in books :)

By the way, Terra seconds Lizza and agrees that Yaxlich is cool, and has added yaxlich's blog to her list of links :)

 

Blogger Yaxlich said ... (3:44 pm) : 

Yaxlich thanks Terra Shield for the adding of his blog. He is blushing because she said he was cool.

 

Blogger Lizza said ... (5:19 pm) : 

It's great to know that in addition to being cool, Yaxlich is passionate about books. And that he thinks the English language is a beautiful thing. Makes him look even cooler.

I've had the unfortunate experience of being looked at as if I had some sort of strange, contagious disease during my teenage years, when my peers would find out that I'd rather spend my allowance on books than on cosmetics. I hope Yaxlich didn't undergo any similar experience (not between books and cosmetics anyway!).

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:48 pm) : 

Like Lizza, I spent a lot of my pocket money on books. Trouble was, I didn't mind sharing but then a lot of people didn't give them back. Grrr!!

 

Blogger Mimi Lenox said ... (2:48 am) : 

Yaxlich...You are a passionate and lovely soul to speak so eloquently of books.
I am honored to meet you in the blogosphere.

Lizza tagged me for the meme. Her entry was delightful. I hope I can express myself as well as she did in her post.

 

Blogger Mimi Lenox said ... (2:54 am) : 

P.S. I am adding your site my link list.

 

Blogger Yaxlich said ... (6:08 pm) : 

Lizza - Yaxlich does not recall having any such difficulties. He never spent his allowance on cosmetics. He stole his sisters.

Sim - Yaxlich too had similar problems and, as a result, never lends his books to anyone anymore. They are too precious a commodity to lose forever.

Mimi - Yaxlich is honoured to meet you too and he looks forward to seeing the completed Mimi Meme.

 

post a comment